10,000 Steps for Individuals
10,000 Steps is a free program that encourages individuals to use step-counting pedometers to monitor their daily physical activity levels. The 10,000 Steps website has been developed to provide information and support to individuals. In addition to this, the website offers a free interactive Step Log where individuals can record, track and monitor their steps, connect with walking buddies and participate in individual and team virtual walking journeys!
Why by Active?
Being physically active is important, it can also help you look and
In fact, regular physical activity can reduce your risk of developing many
lifestyle related health problems, including cardiovascular disease, type 2
diabetes, osteoporosis, some forms of cancer and mental health conditions.
The 10,000 Steps physical activity program and pedometer package will
assist you in your goal of becoming more active.
Physical activity will:
- Make you feel more energetic and less tired
- Help you lose weight and control your appetite
- Help you look and feel better
- Help you sleep better
- Reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes
- Decrease your chance of a stroke
- Lower your blood pressure
- Improve your blood cholesterol levels
- Maintain or build stronger bones and muscles
- Assist you in enjoying and knowing your local neighbourhood!
Have a look at the available pedometers, activity trackers and merchandise on this website to start counting your steps today!
For more information on the free, fun and interactive Step Log, available for individuals to use, please visit www.10000steps.org.au