10,000 Steps App Update
The 10,000 Steps app is available on both the Apple and Google Play stores. Prior to installing the app, we recommend removing any previous versions and ensuring that your software is up to date. Android requires version 6.0 and Apple requires 8.0 or later.
- Log steps and minutes of activity
- Sync steps from 10,000 Steps website
- View step statistics
- Update goal steps
- View Tournaments including: Tournament details; Leaderboard; Team Members
- Join Monthly Challenges
- View Monthly Challenge progress
Activity Tracker Syncing
If you have a Fitbit or Garmin, we recommend connecting your account on the 10,000 Steps website through the Tracker Details Section using the following Support topics:
Once your 10,000 Steps website account has synced your with Fitbit or Garmin account, your step data will be displayed on the 10,000 Steps app.
Bookmarking the Website
- Open up Safari and load the web site www.10000steps.org.au
- At the bottom of your Apple device screen you will see the icon depicting an arrow going through a square, tap this icon.
- You will now have a few options. The one you want to tap is "Add to Home Screen" which displays a plus sign in a dark coloured square. Tap on this icon.
- You'll be asked to choose a name for the homescreen icon. You can leave as is and click "Add" in the top right hand corner.
When you have done this, a website icon will show up on your homescreen. Remember that you will need to login to the site before you can enter your steps on the website.